My story: Kate offers brings a rich assortment of skills and experience to her Advanced Bodywork, Personal Training and Wellness Coaching sessions. Her unique blending of movement therapies and bodywork techniques facilitate a synergistic approach that provides optimal results.
With decades of experience as a Massage Therapist, Kate has learned to “read” the body and provide what is needed. Her hands on sessions address not just musculature, but tendons, ligaments, joints, and fascia as well. Modalities such as Reiki, structural alignment techniques and great classic massage all combine to provide a relaxing and therapeutic, experience.
Areas of Specialty:
- Structural Alignment and Functional Training
- Post rehab and “prehab”
- Sports Conditioning
- Young Athletes, seniors or those dealing with pain
- Kauit Yoga
Kate feels that wellness is as important as fitness. Years of working with clients one on one has taught her that they are more consistent with their exercise programs if they are pain free, sleeping well, eating well, and striving for balance in their lives. To this end she continues to educate herself in nutrition, herbology, aromatherapy and breathing techniques.as well as orthopedic and movement therapies.
In the past Kate has taught water aerobics and body-mind aerobics classes, managed health clubs, worked on stars at the Ritz-Carlton in Chicago and owned/operated a clinical massage therapy business in Kihei.
In her spare time she likes to hike, garden, beach and dance.
Education and Primary Certifications
- American Massage Therapy Association – Certified Massage Therapist
- B.A. – Natural Therapy and Preventive Medicine – Northeastern Illinois Univ./Antioch College
- D.N. Doctor of Naprapathy (gentle joint/ligament alignment)
- American College of Sports Medicine – Certified Exercise Physiologist
- National Academy of Sports Medicine – Certified Personal Trainer
- Reiki Master
- Functional Movement Systems – Level I
- Kinesiotaping – Level I & II
- Dynamic Neuromuscular stabilization – Level I
- Certified Kaiut Yoga Teacher