Kate is a Doctor of Naprapathy, a registered Massage Therapist and Kaiut Yoga Teacher. Kate has been practicing yoga since 1984 when she began classes at the Himalayan Institute in Glenview, IL. She was introduced to Kaiut yoga in Boulder in 2015 and was so inspired that she began her studies with the founder Francisco Kaiut. In 2017 she completed her 200 hr. certificate in the Kaiut method and began teaching.
As a Massage Therapist and Personal Trainer specializing in wellness and corrective movement therapies, Kate has worked with many clients of varying ages and abilities. She is a Certified Exercise Physiologist with the American College of Sports Medicine.
She has her Reiki Masters Certification.
Certified in Permaculture she is a part time farmer who feels a deep connection to the plants and “Aina” of Maui.
- 2008-2017 Body In Progress- Self Employed Health & Wellness Specialist
- 1998-2008 Boulder Country Club, Boulder, CO – Personal Trainer and Massage Therapist specializing in sports conditioning with emphasis on golf and tennis as well as post rehab, pre-hab and positive lifestyle change. Taught group programs, water aerobics, specialty programs and performed administrative duties.
- 1996-1997 Dimensions Through Motivation, Deerfield, IL – Personal Trainer and Massage Therapist
- 1988-1995 Body In Progress, Kihei, HI – Owner, director and principal therapist for clinical massage therapy office. Part of a holistic practice which included acupuncture and chiropractic care.
- 1986-1988 – Department of Parks and Recreation, Kahului, HI – Body/Mind Aerobics Instructor. Water Aerobics Instructor.
- 1986-1987 – Lahaina Health Center, Lahaina, HI – Chiropractic Assistant and Massage Therapist
- 1981-1986 – Mission Hills Country Club, Northbrook, IL – Health Club Director. Responsible for all health club operations including staffing, exercise programs, massage therapy, newsletter and pool activities. Provided group and individual exercise programs.
- 1980-1981 – The Four Seasons Ritz Carlton Hotel, Chicago, IL – Principal Massage Therapist and Fitness Instructor for Ladies gym.
- 1979 Human Performance Lab., Northeastern Illinois University,Chicago, IL. – Intern Staff. Administered stress tests and gathered research data
2006 – Rocky Mountain Institute of Yoga and Ayurveda Boulder, CO – Completed first half of Yoga Therapy Program including client management, restorative yoga and corrective asanas
1986 – Strong, Stretched and Centered Maui, HI – Certified Body/Mind Exercise Instructor, Comprehensive eight week program focusing on aerobics, yoga, nutrition and emotional wellness.
1983-1985 – Chicago National College of Naprapathy – Chicago, IL -D.N., Doctor of Naprapathy. Three year curriculum including basic sciences, spinal anatomy, nutrition, herbology, therapeutic manipulation and one year of clinical internship.
1981 – Northeastern Illinois University Chicago, IL – B.A. Emphasis on Exercise Physiology, Parapsychology and Dance
1981 Antioch College, University Without Walls New York, NY – B.A. Natural Therapy and Preventive Medicine. Self directed curriculum focused on massage therapy, herbology and nutrition.
2017 Kaiut Yoga teacher – 200 hr. Yoga teacher training
2016 Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization according to Kolar – Exercise I
2015 AIMLA – Medical Laser therapist
2014 Kinesiotaping Level I & II
2012 Functional Movement Screening Level I
2012 Reiki Master Certification
1997 National Academy of Sports Medicine – Personal Trainer
1996 Chicago School of Massage Therapy – Myofascial Release – Bob King
1993 Feldenkrais Method – Margaret McIntyre
1990 International Dance Exercise Association – Fitness Instructor
1990 Cranial Sacral Therapy – Level I – Robert Stevens
1990 American College of Sports Medicine – Certified Exercise Physiologist
1989 Aquatic Exercise Association – Exercise Class Leader
1987 Sports Massage Workshop – Jim Eaglesmith
1980 American Massage Therapy Association – Registered Massage Therapist
1979 American Massage Therapy Association – Massage Therapist